- The VNS Therapy system has been implanted in more than 80,000 patients with epilepsy
- Back-up of all implanted components are needed at all surgeries
VNS Therapy Generators
- The VNS Therapy generator is an implantable, programmable pulse generator that delivers a precise pattern of stimulation to the left vagus nerve.
Cyberonics offers a portfolio of generators that can meet the individual needs of patients.
Comparison of VNS Therapy Generators
|Lead Compatibility||Single Pin||Dual Pin||Single Pin||Dual Pin||Single Pin||Single Pin|
|Thickness*||7 mm||7 mm||7 mm||7 mm||7 mm||7 mm|
|Volume*||14 cc||16 cc||8 cc||10 cc||14 cc||14 cc|
|Weight*||25 g||27 g||16 g||18 g||25 g||25 g|
The Model 100 and Model 101 Generators are no longer distributed
VNS Therapy Leads
- The VNS Therapy lead is a bipolar electrical lead that transmits stimulation from the VNS Therapy generator to the left vagus nerve in the neck.
- The lead is made up of the pin that connects to the generator on one end, and the helices that contain the stimulation electrodes and anchor tether on the other end.
- All lead models are currently available in two sizes based on helical inner diameter: 2.0 mm and 3.0 mm.
Simulation of the electrodes and anchor tether attachment to the vagus nerve.
Comparison of VNS Therapy Leads
|Length*||43 cm||43 cm||43 cm|
|Resistance||180 to 250 ohms, pin to electrode||180 to 250 ohms, pin to electrode||120 to 180 ohms, pin to electrode|
|Conductor Material||Platinum Iridium||Platinum Iridium||Platinum Iridium|
The Model 302 Lead is not available in all markets
The Model 300 Lead is no longer distributed